Thursday, December 10, 2009

music & fun!

Like every toddler Ella Maria loves music, dancing, and "singing"...is just great to see her have so much fun.  So my goal was to find a place to take her and just let her have fun.  When we lived in VT my sister always told me to take her to Kindermusik, for so many reasons I never did. Now back in Boston and being a full time mom I have the time to do as much as we have energy to.  In all my research I got some information from this place in Medford licensed by Kindermusik, and we got an invitation to attend one of their demo classes.
This is the break down to the different classes that Kindermusik offers:


We attended "Family Time"...fun for all!
At the beginning Ella Maria was not to sure about what was going on.  The teacher starts with a Hello song and has everyone clap, stomp their feet, rub their belly, well you get the idea.  And Ella Maria just sat on my lap watching and taking it all in.  If we would have been at home most likely she would had been dancing her little heart out...but not here.  I thought to myself this is not good, but we gave it a try.
The song was over, and the musical instrument came out.  Guess who jumped out and ran to the center of the room to get hers.  And that was all she needed to come out of her shell.  I guess she was just scouting her surroundings.


She found the Cymbals...you can see in her face how
happy she was!

Some singing, dancing, and a lot of bing, bang, bung...and the instruments had to be put away.  And being as good as she is...she was helping out get everything in order.  (Do not come to visit us without prior notice, all of her stuff will be all over the place...there is no helping Mommy put things away.) 





Now they where ready for the next activity... 

Scarfs of many colors come out of a basket to be used in many different ways...let your imagination guide you.  And this is how she looked...
Being a fashionista...she immediately turns her yellow scarf into a skirt (I promise I had nothing to do with it.)  Then she needed a scarf, they are so in style now. Last but not least she turns her scarf into a hat. If we would have been allowed to have shoes, she would have been wearing mid-calf boots. 
She had all the accessories needed for this season.





I need to get a new wardrobe to look half as cool as she looks all the time!!! 
Scarf time came to an end and it was time for a little bit of quiet time...they could sit, lay down, do anything as long as we were all quiet. 
And of course she decides to do the thing that whenever I ask her she refuses to do: lay down.

 Next activity was story time...about a little kid that misplaces her tambourine. She loves books, and she was very interested in this new story!

 After story time it was time to start wrapping things up, it was time to sing the good bye song.
We had a very good time.  A bit of an uncertain start but a very successful end! 
I think this will be a good thing for us to do.  Is once a week for 10 weeks, the new class will start in January.  So don't look for us Mondays at 10:15 am, we will be busy singing and dancing our hearts out!