Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stars to hide the Street lights...

I have been working in many projects. Well, mostly in my mind! So many things I want to do and so little time to do so...in one word "toddler". There is so much I can do without feeling guilty that I'm not playing with her. While she was sleeping last night I started this. She needed curtains in her room. Not just to cover some light but mostly to avoid some of that breeze to come in. I don't know if is just me being paranoid but every time I go into her room I feel like a window is open. We just moved to this apartment in August, is a pretty new construction and they take care of it...(which I can't say the same about many other apartments in the Boston area). I won't talk about how much I dislike Landlords! Back to the apartment...So the fact that is pretty new makes it hard to believe that the windows are so bad. But I won't complain, I love this place and hope to be able to stay here until we get our own place (5 to 100 years from now). I had this fabric for the longest time and had no clue what to do with it. Well, now I'm proud to say I got curtains out of it. this is what I started with:

I got Ella Maria a new duvet cover at Ikea (love Ikea), and it has some stars. I decided to keep the "star" theme in the curtains. Made a stamp with a potato and got some golden glittery fabric paint.

It took me about 45 minutes to have both panels of fabric done. I used the sponge brush to spread the paint evenly on the stamp. And to add more paint to the fabric once I had removed the stamp, it was not a perfect print most of the time.
This is how the fabric looked once I was done:

I let it dry for about 4 hours. To finish them I sew a seam, and I was done. Not a fancy project but we are happy with the end result. Ella Maria expressed her approval with a "I like Mommy". I put them up tonight, this is how they look like:

One of this days I will invest in curtain rods...that will be when I know that we will be here for more than one year. In the meanwhile thumb tags will do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment