Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blackberry & Strawberry tarts...

Blackberry & strawberry tarts...yum, yum, DOUBLE YUM if I may say so myself!
I had this hazelnut sugar dough that I did not know what I wanted to do with it.  So, the other day my lovely hubby brought me 3 pints of blackberries...well, it was 4 but after I stopped myself we only had 3 left.  They were a bit to tart, just like I like them...reminds me of my childhood, we use to get them all the time back home many blue moons ago, in those days you could get a field of blackberries for the price of 3 pints of blackberries in the US these days. Blackberries on a warm summer day, we use to have blackberry smoothies...yum! Blackberries are one of those things that can instantly take you back in time to those happy childhood days!
OK back to present day...
As I said they were a bit to tart to just eat out of the pint, Ella Maria did not like them like that.  So I decided to finally use that hazelnut sugar dough...lets make some blackberry tarts!  Plus I had some frozen strawberries that I was eager to use...and finally used at least some of them.  I can not share this recipe with you...not because is a family secret, is just that I did not use one.  My approach was more like...a little bit of this, a little bit of that, and a bit more of that, and of course some lemon zest.
I made 6 individual tarts, by the time they were out of the oven we shared one between the 3 of us...and then of course I had most of them.  I shared with Ella Maria every time...but lets face it, I always had most of it.  And now they are all gone...so in their memory I dedicate this post!

 all that is left of them are the memories and photos...