Saturday, April 10, 2010

dresses...

#1
I'm eager for summer to finally be here!!! I just want it to be a bit warm, be able to go out without a jacket, have a picnic or two, and get Ella Maria to splash in the pool.  I'm ready, ready, ready...
So I decided to make Ella Maria a sun dress, maybe that will bring the warmer weather faster.
I got this pretty smock fabric...green with lots of  pink, yellow, orange, purple flowers.  Lets say is very colorful, and she looks great in bright colors.
Is a very simple tube dress with some ribbon for the shoulder straps...not bad for a begginer.
She could not wait for me to be done..."is my dress ready mommy?" I got that question at least 20 times during the 45 minutes it took me to get it done.  So, as soon as I was done she had to put it on...here are some pictures for you to see:


I had some fabric left over, so I made myself a skirt...don't worry you will not see Ella Maria and I all matchy-matchy any time soon, or ever!
Now I'm ready to make dress #2