Tuesday, May 11, 2010

dresses...

#3

This is the other dress I was going to make for Ella Maria...I finally got around to it, and since I was already hard at work with a dress I decided to adventure in the making of a head band.  Which I had never made before...but how hard could it be? Well, let me tell you that as usual...things look much easier than they really are.  My brain loves to play this tricks on me, and make everything look SOOO simple.  In my head everything makes sense...but getting my hands to agree with it, not so much!
Ok...I might be complaining a little, it was not as bad.  Except for the fact that the elastic was a bit small the first time, but after finally fixing it she will have some room to grow.
Just as the first dress I made her for this "summer" (still waiting for the real warm weather), it is a simple tube dress made with a smocked fabric I got.  White with red & pink strawberries...very summery and cute!  With the first dress I used some ribbon for the shoulder straps...not this time.  I made my own bias tape out of the extra fabric I had.  Not to blow my own horn, but not bad at all.  It looks like a professional made it.   I even had enough fabric to make an extra dress & head band...we gave it to Annabelle for her Birthday.  (We need some pictures of Annabelle).
And as usual...the pictures is what we all want to see!
enjoy...