Saturday, May 15, 2010

Today Five years ago...

Today five years ago we were in Maui, Hawaii...take me back!!!
We had been there for 3 days already...and this day, May 15th, 2005 we were getting married.
The wedding took place at "The Cove" Beach, this little beach was hidden behind a brick wall...we had looked for it the day before without luck!  When we finally found it, it took our breath away...you will never expect what was behind that brick wall.
The weather was perfect...well, is Hawaii after all!
It was the perfect weather, the perfect place!
Everything was great...we were so happy to be lucky enough to had found all this over the internet, and not had encounter a problem at all.  Yes, we did everything on line...everything! I got my dress online too!  I had people freaking out for me...but I was very calm, sure that things were going to work out! What can I tell you...that is how I am, calm, cool and collected! LOL
A week before the wedding I got my dress...I had order a size smaller on the regulars, cause at that time they did not have my size on petites.  They send this one and it was a bit big, but the other one had already been shipped.  I got it 3 days before we were leaving, and it fit like a glove.  As we were walking out the door to run some last minute errands, the Fedex man was getting out of the truck...he said "good thing you are here...cause you need to sign for it!".  That was luck!
Well, my dress had arrived...I just needed to finish sewing the small pearls I got for the orange ribbon I was going to attach to the waist of the dress.  Those pearls were done in the airplane on our way to Hawaii (when you were still aloud to bring a needle, thread, and scissors into the plane).
I got my shoes on line too!
We got the shirts (Guayaberas)  that Ben, our fathers, and my "Man of Honor" were going to use...on line! My dad's shirt was to big when we got it...so it ended up being shipped to Hawaii.
We were so laid back about everything...and all was beyond our expectations.
When I watch those TV shows with the brides going bonkers, screaming, crying, and pulling their hair out...well, I fell lucky, and of course very COOL!
We had a wonderful photographer...and had a sunset photo shoot.   Ben got a Harley Davidson for our drive away "car"...the pictures of that are amazing!
We had a wonderful time! And I wish we were there right now.  In my defense...on our trip back five years ago, I said to Ben...lets just stay in Hawaii, I don't want to go back.  But he gave me a few good reasons why we needed to get back.  But as soon as we landed in Boston and looked out the window, rainy, gray, cold day...I turn to Ben and said "see, I told you he should have stayed!"
And we are here now...with a beautiful daughter, and one more little one on the way.  We will be back one day...and bring the little ones to see the place Mommy and Daddy got married.  Maybe in 10 more years...I will start saving NOW!
Well, all there is left to say is: Love you Boo! Happy Anniversary!

enjoy the pictures...