Tuesday, May 25, 2010

dresses...

#4
I just can't stop myself...too many cute dresses out there, and I want to make them all!
I found this cute fabric that was on sale...50% off plus a 40% more with the store coupon, how can you resist that...so I got it.
I got 1 yard, and had enough to make 1 dress for Ella Maria...and a little extra left that I want to use to make a little bag...but that will be my next adventure, I need to learn to attach a zipper.
There was this dress, called the "pillow case dress", as the name says it...you use an orphan pillow case that you might have hanging around.  But, in this case...I have no extra pillow cases, I actually need to get some (maybe I can make them, yes i know what you might be thinking...but why not!)  So I measure a pillow case, "made" one, cut some sleeves, and from there I got a dress for Ella Maria.  I was so ambitious this time around that I even made a lining for it. 
I really like the end result...and Ella Maria looks absolutely adorable.
I'm getting more confident with my sewing...the sky is the limit!